On May 29th, I will turn 30 years old. Now, this is a very tough age for a lot of people. For me though, 25 was my freak out year for some reason. And 26, 27, 28, and 29 have all been years of love and loss, heartbreak and heartache, CHANGE, ups and downs – basically a straight up rollercoaster ride. I gained friends and babies and family and a puppy along with weight and credit card debt. I had experiences I will never forget and experiences that I wish I could. I worked on myself, then fell back into an old routine. I travelled and fell in love with other places and cultures. I learned a lot, but wish I learned more. I was hard on myself, I am hard on myself. It has been five years of growth and set-backs.
But all of them happened for a reason. Everything I questioned was part of a greater plan. Whether you believe in God or not, the universe has a way of putting us in situations knowing that we will come out of it having learned something. Don’t get me wrong – often times it sucks and in the moment it feels like there is no end in sight. It feels like there is no way you are going to survive. I have had a few of those moments but I am still here. I am writing this blog and am getting ready to celebrate 30 years of life.
I feel like I say this every year, but 30 is going to be the best yet. I am going into the year with an open heart and open mind. With excitement for new adventures. I have always loved odd numbers (strange, I know – my alarm is set for 6:21 or 6:23). Even stranger is that it is 2018 and I will be 30 – all even. Change is good, right?!
So – here is what 30 is going to mean to me. Here is what I am vowing to myself. Here is what my plan is for the 365 days I will be 30. These are my goals.
- Write in a gratitude journal everyday – I bought one on Amazon and I can’t wait to use it to write down three things a day (either what I am grateful for or something good that happened to me).
- Become a healthier person – mind, body, and soul. See above for mind and soul. I need to start taking care of my body in a way that I haven’t in the past. I loooove fad diets and getting into a workout routine that might not be sustainable. Which is great until I fall off the wagon and stay off the wagon for a month. Understanding that over the 4th of July I will eat and drink to much but that doesn’t mean the whole damn month of July is a loss.
- Take care of my largest organ – SKIN CARE. Seriously. I have these products that I LOVE and will continue to use. But I need to use them consistently. It is so easy to just wash my face and hop right into bed.
- Read more – I used to read A TON. But I have gotten in to rut of watching TV before bed. I want to break that habit and start reading more. Even if it is three nights a week. I bought a book that is like a million pages (The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich) but I have been wanting to read it for so long. It is time to start.
- Focus on my career – and bring it to a higher level. Stay up to date on marketing trends, give myself some career goals and stick to them, work on them, and knock them out.
- Become financially stable – stop buying random shit and start saving.
- Stay connected with friends and make some new ones – friends are SO important to me and being far away just makes it that much more necessary to put in the effort. Texting, phone calls, Skype, Snapchat, Facebook, etc. make it so easy to stay in touch. I have even been known to send cards – a lot!
- LOVE MY DAMN SELF – see what other people see. I am pretty awesome. I am smart. I am pretty. I am loving and caring and passionate. I can be annoying but with all good intentions. I am a little OCD but am also working on that. This is probably one of the hardest things – but also the most beneficial.
I cannot wait for 30. I have trips and concerts planned. Friends coming to visit. A whole lot of love and fun waiting just around the corner!
Here. We. Come.